Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In the memory of a dear friend who left us crying...





Jaate hue kehte ho qayamat mein milenge
Kya khoob qayamat ka hai dooja koi din aur
Haan ae falak e peer jawaan tha abhi ‘’Aarif’’
Kya tera guzarta jo na marta koi din aur

Legendary poet Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib wrote the above quartet on the sad demise of his nephew Aarif. The same thing happened with me on 29th March ,2009 when I lost one of my best friend Qasim Ali , who used to regard me as his elder brother. I have known Qasim since last one and a half year and still cannot believe that things can come to such a passé within a short span of just 20 days between 8th March and 29th March. He was just like a normal, gym going athletic handsome guy on 7th March and on the 8th he was diagnosed with suffering from the deadly disease of Leukaemia. I will always miss the days of our working together in Hindustan Times when we used to crack jokes and play pranks. I could not ever think of writing an obituary for him.
Qasim, now you have left us grieving I cannot and won’t ever forget the things and memories associated with you. The day when you died was the 12th death anniversary of my late father. How can I forget that cold night of January when you brought dinner for me on the birthday of your sweet niece Irmish while I was working in the office. I kept you waiting for 20 mins because of the hectic schedule that day. I will also miss your brotherly affection towards me. Qasim, you suffered immense pain during the 20 days of your ailment. These 20 days made the world upside down for your grieving family. Our sadness and remorse stands nowhere in front of the scar which your death left on the heart of your mother. While you were battling for your life in AIIMS she kept reading The Holy Qur’an beside you day and night. Once she told me: ‘’Hassan mera dil kehta hai mera beta bach jayega’’. I don’t have words to pay condolence to her. Your parents and brother couldn’t gather the courage to ask the doctor about your condition. Whenever I asked the doctor about your condition he gave negative feedback and each and every time I kept lying to your family members that your condition is stable and will improve within few days.

Sometimes I ask myself, why did this happen with a young and energetic guy like you. But these are the questions whose answers are not possible for anyone to give. You seemed to be always in a hurry as if you know that you are here just for few days. Qasim, do u remember the day when you told me , ''Hassan bhai we will launch a News Channel together''. All those dreams have been shattered.

My dear Qasim, : ‘’Tanha gaye kyun ab raho tanha koi din aur.’’ Lets see when do I join you there.

Zamane ne dekhe jawaan kaise kaise
Zameen kha gayi aasmaan kaise kaise


God bless you my brother. Stay happy wherever you are. May your soul rest in peace.

Yours ever
Hassan Bhai

32 comments:

Nitasha Sharma said...

hi Hasan!

This is a great loss. It is so hard to accept that he is not in between us. He was like my elder brother, we'll always miss his absence.

Unknown said...

i did nt see qasim.but my soul kept touch to him becoz of u allah qasim ko jannat-e bbargah mai makam de

buddingjourno said...

I have lost a great friend...Bahot kam dinon ka saath raha hamara...

Unknown said...

Qasim was my brother, too.

buddingjourno said...

I know soofi.. He always used to talk about you..He was great fan of your writing..

Pritika's blog said...

But Hassan...He's not dead. He 'll live in our hearts n memories forever...

Rima Kaur said...

may he rest in peace. the news of his illness must have been shocking to you and others around him. it pains to see a young, healthy person go away so quickly.

buddingjourno said...

You r right pritika....

buddingjourno said...

Yes Rima it's a time of utmost grief for his parents...

Saans said...

Kazim Bhai it was just shocking when u called me that night. It was really hard to accept, to believe. It just took me five years back when i had lost one of my school friends the same way. It's needless to ask why but tough to convince the self. But what to do. The irony is that these people remain with u for a small time span but leave a remarkable impression n you r gonna miss that as long as u r there.

Let the loving memory bcome immortal.
May the soul rest in peace.

Longkumer I Meren said...

The spirit of Qasim to live life to its fullest was one thing i learned from him. A compassionate and polite fellow. God has taken away a good friend. While the angels rejoice in heaven with him, there is one less person that could have made our stay here more exciting.

buddingjourno said...

Yes Meren you r right..Qasim was very much fond of u and always used to talk about you...

Zehra Naqvi said...

Dear kazim bhai
Your post shows the immense grief in your heart, and it truly brought tears to my eyes... I know what it feels like to lose someone so dear, so early in life. I cannot console you in any way, I can only feel your grief. But when someone is so close to your heart, they are never really far away. just feel their presence ..... believe me you'll be able to feel him with you always. I could always feel my father, for all these years.And just one more line for your friend, which i always thought about my father... "those whom the Gods love, die young."

buddingjourno said...

Yes Zehra you are absolutely correct...God bless u..

Kamal said...

i never met to qasim, but after reading this i m feeling that i know him very well. as a person of his age i can understand his dreams, n any other thing, but this is destiny,
But Qasim will remain alive in our memories, forever,
n you are a great human being Mr. Kazim, i wish i could get a friend like youo in my life...

ammar zaidi said...

Rone walo ne utha rakha tha gher sir pe lekin,
Woh tamam umra ka jaaga tha sota raha.

May Allah shower his countless blessings upon your cousin in the world hereafter and make u able to bear this time of grief and pain with abundance of patience..ameen...

husna said...

dear hassan, i didnt know your friend, but i know the pain of loosing somone so dear. I am fimilar with the agony, shock, grief and life long loss when a near and dear one suddenly dies. I also lost one of my favourite cousins, to this deadly disease lukemia, and i still remember how helpless i felt...all i can say to you is that, such people are god's special children who come into this world to spread love...and we should remember them for that..
may god rest his soul in peace, and may god give his family the courage to bear this loss....

husna

buddingjourno said...

You are right Husna.. God bless u...

Hedonisia said...

Dear Kazim,

I understand your pain. I really do. Because I have been going through for more than five years what you had to bear for just a few months. My mother is now battling advanced and terminal ovarian cancer.
Call me callous and cruel, but I think God was merciful to you, your friend and then his family because trust me when I tell you, yeh marz aisa hai ki mareez hi nahi sab ko tabaah karne ki aarzoo rakhta hai.
However, I still will pray for you to be able to bear the loss of a friend, your friend's family so that they can get through the tough time there is.
May your friend's soul rest in peace

Hedonisia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
buddingjourno said...

You are absolutely correct Agnostia, i do not know your name ...May god bles u always...

sonia said...

really sad to be hearing about the death of your friend..though i didnt know him but sucha young guy going through this is deeply shocking and saddening..may god bless his soul. i can understand the loss you being his friends are experiencing...such is life...

buddingjourno said...

God bless you Sonia....

Unknown said...

It is really a huge loss,i got to know about Qasim bhai death from one sher that u put on orkut.i did not have the courage to speak u,i was completely shocked. Muslim bhai few things in life are beyond our reach and its better for us to accept it as a will of Allah..after reading ur content on blog my heart goes to such a nice human being and i dont know how should i extend my condolence..
May god give patience to his family members and rest his soul in peace.

Shahba Yasin said...

No words can turn things back....no matter how much n how hard we wish....just one request Kazim...say my salam to Qasim's mother weneva yu see her again n tell her she has not lost her son we all are there for her on a single call....May Qasim rest in peace....!

buddingjourno said...

Yes Samar qasim was one of the very few best friends which i have got in my life... Thank you so much for being there for me always.. May god bless u..

buddingjourno said...

Shahba, i will certainly convey your message to Qasim's mother... God bless u always...

khaja Hashmi said...

Dear Bro Muslim,

I am immensely grieved to see this obituary...tears rolled down my cheek while going through ur last tribute to ur friend...May Allah rest him in peace...I don't have words to console u...

Zindagi Dard Qahqahe Aansoo
Talkhiyan, Karb Uljhane Yaaden
siskiyan khwahishen tamnnayen
Chandni aaftab ranaaee
Bekali izterab Tanhaayee
Waqt safffaak
aasmaaan qatil

zindagi isi ka naam hai mere dost..

myloveletters said...

Dearest Hassan,

As a child, each time I looked at people around me, it made me think "wow... if I need a friend, I have these many millions to choose from." Despite the millions, we don't choose friends, friends happen, they are God's gifts and it feels great to be gifted these amazing soulmates every now and then. It's amazing how these people who walk into our lives, bring us so much joy in the little things they do, like sharing food at workplace. Sometimes when we feel like there is nothing but a dark road ahead of us, it's these beautiful gifts from Allah who take us away from the dreaded path and show us bright new avenues making us happy to be alive. We laugh, cry, eat, drink, walk, talk, dream ... do things together and to lose anyone we have shared something with is like losing a part of ourselves.

I can understand the pain that must have shattered Qasim's parents hearts... nothing can be more torturous even in hell than to lose a young son. I can understand the pain you are going through. I pray Allah gives us the strength to see beyond our pain, to see Qasim as Allah's own now. I am sure he is very close to all those people who love him, giving them the comfort to cope with his loss. I am sure he is with his parents now and forever. I am sure he is with you. And though I have never known, met or heard of him, I am sure he has a smile on his face. And he shall be ever smiling. God bless.

S.M.Masoom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S.M.Masoom said...

Salamaykum, Dear hasan your this post shows true love still exist.I salute you,for your love to your friend. This love is very rare in this selfish world now.
ws

Unknown said...

May his soul rest in eternal peace